Thursday, July 5, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pasta

First Pintrest post! 

I will always give credit where credit is due
here is the actaul reciept i used:

Here is the link to my pintrest post

I found this reciept a while ago and forced my husband to make it (he is a better cook, but doesnt know how to use a measuring cup) it turned out ok the first time (he used a full lemon...sour), So this time i made some minor changes and this is how it turned out:
These are all the ingredients:

1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

 Cook the pasta
 food process the garlic, oil and garlic (i thought there was too much oil last time, so i only put in 1 3/4 tbsp
 Then Mix in the Avacado, lemon and basil. I used an extra 1/4 an avacado and only 3/4 of the lemon
 once everything is made, mix together and whala....deliciousness!!


My husband loves his super lemony, so he squeezed more lemon into his. i LOVE my food spicy, so i sprinkled in some Red Pepper flakes...YUMMY!!! the Hubs is always craving this pasta, and it is SUPER fast to make!!


Love and Hope,
Morgen



No comments:

Post a Comment