Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Byzantine Chainmaille Ring

This is where i got the inspiration to create my own

The video i watched to get the pattern:

picture tutorial:

Pintrest:

I fell in love with the lady's ring when i saw it on Pintrest. I think that this was one of my first pins...and it was my first pintrest project. 

This is hard!! i tried to make it the first few times by just looking at hers and free handing ..bad idea! I then spent 30 minutes looking for good tutorials to get this pattern. I found the 2 above and was in the clear. I wore this ring in place of my wedding band for 1 1/2 months (since it was in the shop that long...venting about my problems below the pictures) I kept getting my hair caught in the rings, but it lasted very well. I did have to fix one ring, but that was because i got it caught in my lace shirt and it opened. I still have the ring and wear it when my wedding ring is in the shop... i wish i would have taken pictures of me creating it, but oh well!




I would not normally make a ring, but i made it when my wedding ring was in the shop for the 6th time. let me tell you about my ring issues.

i got engaged on August 21, 2009 and my husband and i got married on May 15, 2010. in that time i lost 30 lbs. meaning i sized my ring from an 8 to a 5.75. and had my band and ring soldered.  the day i got it back a diamond fell out. in the next two year 7 more diamonds fell out...7. the last time was June 1st, 2012. I  was so angry!! i took it in the the jewelry store and was talked to condescending and argued with about the number of times i had brought it in (does it matter after the 5th?) 2 weeks later it was suppose to be back from the shop. I get a call form the store and they let me know that it was going to take longer...i went OFF!! little did i know that i was talking to the district manager who had just fired EVERYONE at the store (ooppps) he researched my story and found that they had ordered me a brand new ring, in my size, 6 months before this. of course no one called me! he was very sweet and gave me the new ring and a gift card to the store. I was happy thinking that everything was going to be better since it was made specifically in my size... until last week when my diamond necklace broke...back to the jewelry store i went. I should be getting it back next week sometime. I have been really luck that that has been the end of my issues with Kay's since that time.


Love and Hope,
Morgen


No comments:

Post a Comment